Digital Forensics Systems Administrator (Nashville)
Have you built a computer from scratch? Do you know what a subnet mask is? Do you know how ACLs and NAT work? Do you have an interest in digital forensics or information security? If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
4Discovery is looking for someone passionate about technology to help build out and run our newest digital forensic laboratory location in Nashville. This is a full-time, on-site position for a proactive and hands-on technology individual with a keen eye for keeping things organized.
This position will be responsible for the upkeep, maintenance, and care of a state-of-the-art digital forensics lab for one of the top and fastest-growing (Inc. 5000) digital forensics and incident response companies in the United States. In addition to working in a rapidly evolving industry, this role will let you work side-by-side with industry experts with over 50 years of experience.
During a typical week in the office, this role would do the following:
- Evidence management – labeling all evidence, storing evidence, maintaining evidence management system. Provide reports to team on expiring evidence
- Remote collection kit sending/receiving, tracking active kits, keeping kits up to date and in working condition
- Installing software updates/upgrades, redeploying workstations, and reinstalling operating systems
- Repairing/Replacing broken hardware and recommending upgrades
- Copying and moving data from hard drives for our remote digital forensic examiners
- Run packages to FedEx
- Management of Data Destruction Process: Certifying letters of destruction, wiping drives, recycling of drives once they are wiped.
- Leads the backup and consolidation for case evidence with Examiners (ex: allocates drive to project that is the correct size, communicates with examiner where the consolidation drive is plugged in)
- Tool upkeep- updates software, cable management
- IT support- phone systems, tech support for non-specialized software & printers
- Ordering office supplies
- Event planning support
- Front desk management- receiving/initiating shipments, managing phone calls received,
- Maintain and manage software licenses, expiration dates, and subscriptions for all software, and provide budgets and estimates to Finance
- 1-3 years of experience running technology in an office or lab environment
- Confidence and passion working with and handling computers and technology
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Desire to learn, grow and excel within the organization
- Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude
- Team-focused mentality
- Familiarity with technology and digital forensics is a plus
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Networking, Windows, Linux, Firewalls, Docker, and MS Office
- Medical and dental coverage is paid at 80% for employees. Additional/optional coverage for dependents is offered and quoted as needed.
- Competitive PTO plus holidays
- 401K with employer matching
- Flexible hours with a casual work environment
- Furthering education / professional development opportunities
4Discovery is an elite B2B digital forensics firm that provides organizations and attorneys with digital forensic, information security, and electronic discovery services. We believe in simple, efficient, and cost-effective solutions that leverage technology to solve complex challenges. We act as a trusted third party for our clients by assisting with case strategy, conducting forensic examinations, reporting critical findings, and providing expert testimony. In 2021, the organization was recognized for the second year in a row on the Inc. 5000 List of the fastest-growing companies in the United States.
4Discovery’s Core Values
At 4Discovery, we operate under a set of core values that guide the actions of our company and teams:
Be Helpful – We strive to go the extra mile and do whatever it takes to help our clients and teammates. It’s the extra mile that separates the average from the exceptional.
Be Experts – If it was easy, anyone could do it. We’re a company of experts taking personal responsibility for making things happen and find ways to succeed. We are resourceful, show initiative, and are relentless about learning and improvement.
Be Proud – We do work that matters. That is why we take pride in the quality of everything we write, say, and do. We pay attention to the details because everything we touch has our signature and reflects upon us as an organization.
Be Reliable – We are true to our word. We do what we say we are going to do when we say we’re going to do it. We respond to questions and concerns quickly, whether in person, on the phone, or by email. Our clients and teammates deserve our trust.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
4Discovery is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. 4Discovery makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.