Expert Forensic Witness (Remote)
4Discovery is looking to add an experienced investigator to our digital forensic and incident response team. The ideal candidate for this position will have an expert level understanding of digital forensic principles, incident response methodologies, and a deep understanding of industry best practices. Must have a passion for research and solving problems. Experience working as a resource for junior examiners, and helping to provide technical support to the team for their cases. This is a great opportunity to come work with the digital forensics experts that developed USB Historian, Link Parser, and MetaExtractor.
- 5+ years experience in computer forensics
- Experience authoring affidavits, declarations, export reports, and providing depositions and expert testimony
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to talk to non-technical audiences
- Fluent in one or more programming/scripting languages
- Ability to work the occasional odd hours, occasional travel, and able to adjust priorities to meet client demands
- Experience supporting and training junior examiners
- Progressively learning to keep up with technological and industry trends
- Medical and dental coverage paid at 80% for employees. Additional/optional coverage for dependents is offered and quoted as needed.
- Competitive PTO plus holidays
- 401K with employer matching
- Flexible hours with a casual work environment
- Furthering education / professional development opportunities
Candidates must be legally authorized to work full time within the United States and able to pass a background check. Some candidates may require more extensive background checks.
4Discovery is an elite B2B digital forensics firm that provides organizations and attorneys with digital forensic, information security, and electronic discovery services. We believe in simple, efficient, and cost-effective solutions that leverage technology to solve complex challenges. We act as a trusted third party for our clients by assisting with case strategy, conducting forensic examinations, reporting critical findings, and providing expert testimony.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
4Discovery is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. 4Discovery makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.