Digital Forensics Systems Administrator (Nashville)
Have you ever built a computer from scratch? Do you spend your free time playing video games? Do you keep up with the latest technology trends? If so, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
4Discovery is looking for a tech-driven individual to help maintain our newest digital forensic laboratory location in Nashville. This full-time role is on-site, hands-on, and perfect for someone eager to learn and keep things organized.
This position will be responsible for the upkeep, maintenance, and care of a state-of-the-art digital forensics lab for one of the top and fastest-growing (Inc. 5000) digital forensics and expert testimony companies in the United States. In addition to working in a rapidly evolving industry, this role will let you work side-by-side and learn from industry experts with over 50 years of experience.
During a typical week in the office, this role would do the following:
- – Evidence management – labeling all evidence, storing evidence, and maintaining an evidence management system. Provide reports to team on expiring evidence
- – Remote collection kit sending/receiving, tracking active kits, keeping kits up to date and in working condition
- – Installing software updates/upgrades, redeploying workstations, and reinstalling operating systems
- – Repairing/replacing broken hardware and recommending upgrades
- – Copying and moving data from hard drives for our remote digital forensic examiners
- – Running packages to FedEx
- – Keeping the lab clean and organized
- – Maintaining inventory and ordering equipment for case work
- – Management of Data Destruction Process: Certifying letters of destruction, wiping drives, recycling of drives once they are wiped
- – Leads the backup and consolidation for case evidence with Examiners (ex: allocates drive to project that is the correct size, communicates with examiner where the consolidation drive is plugged in)
- – Tool upkeep- updates software, cable management
- – IT support- phone systems, tech support for non-specialized software & printers
- – Receiving/initiating shipments, managing phone calls received
- – Maintain and manage software licenses, expiration dates, and subscriptions, and provide budgets and estimates to Finance
- – Independently facilitate and complete lab projects in a timely manner
- – 1-3 years of experience running technology in an office or lab environment
- – Proficient in installing, updating, and configuring Windows and Linux systems including Docker containers
- – Confidence and passion for working with and handling computers and technology
- – Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- – Ability to problem solve on the fly and think outside the box to solve issues
- – Desire to learn, grow and excel within the organization
- – Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude
- – Team-focused mentality
- – Familiarity with technology and digital forensics is a plus
- – High-school diploma or equivalent
- – Experience with Networking, Windows, Linux, Firewalls, Databases, Docker, and MS Office
- – Medical and dental coverage is paid at 80% for employees. Additional/optional coverage for dependents is offered and quoted as needed.
- – Competitive PTO plus holidays
- – 401K with employer matching
- – Flexible hours with a casual work environment
- – Furthering education / professional development opportunities
4Discovery is an industry-leading B2B digital forensics firm that provides organizations and attorneys with digital forensics and expert testimony services. We believe in simple, efficient, cost-effective solutions leveraging technology to solve complex challenges. We act as a trusted third party for our clients by assisting with case strategy, conducting forensic examinations, reporting critical findings, and providing expert testimony.
4Discovery’s Core Values
At 4Discovery, we operate under a set of core values that guide the actions of our company and teams:
Be Helpful – We strive to go the extra mile and do whatever it takes to help our clients and teammates. It’s the extra mile that separates the average from the exceptional.
Be Experts – If it was easy, anyone could do it. We’re a company of experts taking personal responsibility for making things happen and finding ways to succeed. We are resourceful, show initiative, and are relentless about learning and improvement.
Be Proud – We do work that matters. That is why we take pride in the quality of everything we write, say, and do. We pay attention to the details because everything we touch has our signature and reflects upon us as an organization.
Be Reliable – We are true to our word. We do what we say we are going to do when we say we’re going to do it. We respond to questions and concerns quickly, whether in person, on the phone, or by email. Our clients and teammates deserve our trust.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
4Discovery is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. 4Discovery makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work full-time within the United States and be able to pass a background check. Some candidates may require more extensive background checks.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.